i d cards.

Bikes, Bicyclists or Brexit - anything you want to discuss.
mark hancock.

i d cards.

Post by mark hancock. » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:10 pm

i have been quoted £190 for 75 plastic id cards this works out to be £2.50 per rider,they will have the club name on one side and your details on the other,ie name,address,next of kin mobile,medication being taken.we need these in case of an accident involving a rider,as we have had a few in the last 2 years.One problem we need the money up front first.I have 2 question's,what do people think of the idea,and second is everyone willing to have one and pay before we get them.Let us know on here or facebook,or tell the run leader's your thought's,thank you.

mark hancock.

Re: i d cards.

Post by mark hancock. » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 pm

so we need some feed back on this we have 60 odd member's only 5 view's what do people think on my run's I will not let anyone ride without id from now on,if you have no details I will give you a blank card to fill in,we have had about 5 big accident's on ride's this year,people who ride with the club need to more involved.

Pete S

Post by Pete S » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:56 am

I think this is a really good idea Mark. It would be terrible to think that someone could be incapacitated on a ride with fellow riders being unable to contact any next of kin.

Those of us with smart phone can put details for ICE ( in case of emergencies) and paramedics are trained to look for this but it's nowhere near as reliable as your ID card suggestion. £2.50 should not be a consideration - it's less than a cup of tea on some rides - and I'd support your stance of not allowing members on a ride without one.

I say go ahead and I'd be surprised if anyone can come up with a rational argument against.

mark hancock.

Post by mark hancock. » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback peter,i need to look at the ice bit,but i believe the id idea is a good one,and i believe every run leader needs to check for id at the start i just asked if riders have it,the medical part and next of kin is the part we need most,so on every ride i lead an id is a must i have blank white cards for people to fill out if they have no id.But all leaders need to inforce this no id info no ride.