Immaculate Dalesman Reynolds 531 Tourer for Sale

Buy, sell or exchange anything between club members. No commercial ads please.
des

Immaculate Dalesman Reynolds 531 Tourer for Sale

Post by des » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

I have been asked by a friend to see if anyone is interested in buying a Claud Butler Dalesman Tourer. It is a bargain for any club member looking for a "retro" touring bike. As you can see from the photo below, it genuinely is immaculate!

20171117_105116_resized.jpg
20171117_105116_resized.jpg (145.31 KiB) Viewed 4886 times

My friend bought the bike when he retired from work in about 1998, but hardly used it because he took up walking instead of cycling!
As you can see in the photo it is fully kitted out with everything that a quality tourer should have.
A Reynolds 531 frame, Campag gears with down tube gear levers and a triple chain set, rack, mudguards, lights, bottle racks, etc.
Manufacture of the Dalesman recently ceased, but some are still on sale. On these, the normal retail price of £1000+ has been reduced to circa £700. See this example http://www.bikes2udirect.com/B4869.html
The owner lives in Caterham and is offering it first to an Anerley member. I can provide further information to any interested club member via my e-mail des.anerleybc@gmail.com , or on a Tuesday Ride.
Des