Frank's Thursday 17rh August Report

Bikes, Bicyclists or Brexit - anything you want to discuss.
Bugle
Site Admin

Frank's Thursday 17rh August Report

Post by Bugle » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Planes arriving today for w/e Biggin Hill Air show - Query - Saw a Red Arrow.

Very good ride and weather held and improved. Good crowd with Pete and Roger from Sat group and Dave with his 2nd son Richard. George was out press photographer.

Pete said he had to get back for 2pm conference call so reason he and Miles etc went to Henfold Lakes Beare Green as we went off through North Holmwood to Leith Hill. Good ride up and over as you suggested so I went back to A24 via Beare Green and up to the Cock roundabout along A25 to Pebble Hill. Got held up at level crossing and then pushed up the hill we had descended earlier. At the top it is a nice down hill ride along Dorking Road to turn off for usual Kingswood return.

Passed Ramblers Rest and guy in Audi estate passed just before mini roundabout, shouted hello Frank, and he then turned left up to Banstead. Any ideas who it was?

Brill day by now and stopped at my favourite Italian deli/café Nonna Rosas by Coulsdon railway bridge a Addiscombe BC haunt. Nice coffee and Italian long biscuit. Lady serving is from near Venice so chatted about tourist boat docking and damaging Venice. But they need to tourists. Roma and southern Italy money does walk about compared with the North.

Trust your pub stop was good. I was back by 2.15pm only 15 mins late for dog walk next..............

Regards

Frank